All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEighteen million Vespas have buzzed their way into the world since 1946. Stood end to end, they would form a line measuring 20,000 miles in length. The secret of the Vespa scooter's success lies in its uniqueness, in the unmistakable sheet metal skin that, over the span of decades, has proven its versatility without ever abandoning its familiar face. Today, the Vespa shines forth like a lighthouse from the motous sea of industrial mass production. Nowhere else can one buy a factory-new legend.Presented here is the history of Vespa, from its beginnings to the present day, clearly arranged, understandable for all, and, above all, describing even the tiniest detail in an unprecedented form. An illustrated chronicle, with all the information needed for complete understanding. The result is a Vespa book, through and through - as unique as the Vespa itself, with illustrations that have never been seen before. It is a volume that lets the reader become immersed in the culture of Vespa and la bella vita.
- Author BiographyDr. Gunther Uhlig has a fondness for the Mediterranean lifestyle, including the quintessentially Italian Vespa scooters. Early on, at the age of 16, he realised his childhood dreams of adventure and freedom by putting the backroads of France under the wheels of his Kreidler Florett moped and travelled all the way to Spain. Since then, travel and the sea have had a lifelong hold on him. A tireless two-wheel enthusiast, this passion led him to have his travel photos published while still a student. Since the 1980s, he has been active as a freelance journalist in offroad and outdoor media, and has won numerous prizes for his photography. Most recently, as a recognised Vespa authority, Gunther co-authored the latest edition of the classic work on the same topic as this book, Vespa mi' amore. Gunther originally trained as a surgeon, however as the author of numerous travelogues and photo articles he is equally adept with scalpel or screwdriver.
- Author(s)Gunther Uhlig
- PublisherVeloce Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication02/07/2015
- SubjectRoad & Motor Vehicles: General Interest
- Place of PublicationDorset
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVeloce Publishing Ltd
- Content Note475
- Weight1451 g
- Width230 mm
- Height265 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.00Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.