All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- Description'Vessel | Sculpture' refers to the direction studio pottery has taken since the mid-20th century, developing from primarily functional vessels to artistically designed vessels, ceramic sculpture, installation and conceptual art. The aim is to trace the history of how ceramics has evolved and developed into an automous art medium, which is continually self-renewing. Focused on the GRASSI Museum's collection of contemporary ceramic work since 1946 when Germany was divided into East and West after the World War II, this book provides a fascinating and instructive overview of developments and trends in the two Germanys. Moreover, a broad-ranging selection of works by ceramicists w active in both the new and the old Federal German states is supplemented by contemporary pieces from all over the world. The publication is devoted to one-off pieces and limited editions from the past six decades. Reproductions in large formats of approximately four hundred selected objects are accompanied by biographies of as many artists and their signatures.
- Author BiographyDr Olaf Thormann has been, since1993, deputy director/head of the academic area of the GRASSI Museum of Applied Art Leipzig.
- Author(s)Olaf Thormann
- Date of Publication18/12/2013
- LanguageEnglish & German.
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationStuttgart
- Country of PublicationGermany
- Content Note550 Colour
- Weight3105 g
- Width249 mm
- Height296 mm
- Spine41 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.