All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides a multidisciplinary approach to vestibular migraine and related syndromes in which dizziness is the most predominant feature. Starting from the neurological point of view, the pathophysiology, classification, neurophysiology and therapy of migraine are discussed. Readers will learn how to recognize and properly treat vestibular migraine, which is often undiagsed or misdiagsed as Meniere's syndrome (a form of vertigo characterized by vertigo spells and hearing loss that presents comorbidity with migraine) or benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (in which patients experience brief episodes of vertigo, lasting from seconds to 1 minute, when they move their heads in a certain way). The described diagstic and therapeutic strategies include the newest, state of the art approaches. Further aspects of migraine that are considered include hyperexcitability in the brain and the triad of migraine, dizziness and anxiety. In addition, the imaging of migraine, and of vestibular migraine in particular, is discussed and clinical records are reported. Vestibular Migraine and Related Syndromes is based on the practical and clinical experiences of an authoritative group of well-kwn neurologists, ENT specialists and neuro-otologists. It provides neurologists with a complete overview of relevant clinical features, otolaryngologists with clear descriptions of clinical aspects and the pathophysiology of migraine and radiologists with guidance on the role of imaging techniques.
- Author BiographyDr. Bruno Colombo has been Coordinator of the Headache and Migraine Centers at San Raffaele Hospital in Milan since 2008, having previously worked as a neurologist at San Raffaele Hospital and as a clinical assistant and research worker at the National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery and St. Bartholomew's College of Medicine, London, UK. He is Temporary Professor of Neurology at San Raffaele Hospital in Milan; furthermore, he has played a major role in the field of headache and migraine, being co-founder of ANIRCEF (the Italian Neurological Association for Research on Migraines) and of another Italian foundation, The Italian Headache Foundation (FICEF). He is author of many journal articles and has an H-index of 16. Dr. Roberto Teggi has worked as a consultant for vestibular disorders in the ENT Department at San Raffaele Hospital since 2001 and teaches as an Assistant Professor in the School of Medicine and in the Residency School in Neurology and ENT. His major research interests in the last 10 years have been vestibular and other inner ear disorders. Dr. Teggi has been involved in the coordination or scientific organization of various meetings relating to the management of central and peripheral vertigo, dizziness and neuropathology and neuro-otology. He is the author of more than 20 journal articles on these subjects, as well as various book chapters.
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication19/08/2014
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note2 black & white illustrations, 10 colour illustrations, 23 colour tables, biography
- Weight508 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byBruno Colombo,Roberto Teggi
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.