All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe study of military veterans and politics has been a growing topic of interest, but to date most research on the topic has remained isolated in specific, unconnected fields of inquiry. Veterans' Policies, Veterans' Politics is the first multidisciplinary, comprehensive examination of the American veteran experience. Stephen Ortiz has compiled some of the best work on the formation and impact of veterans' policies, the politics of veterans' issues, and veterans' political engagement over the course of the twentieth and twenty-first centuries in the United States. By examining the U.S. government's treatment of veterans vis-a-vis such topics as health care, disability, race, the GI Bill, and combat exposure, the contributors reveal how debates regarding veterans' policies inevitably turn into larger political battles over citizenship and the role of the federal government. With the conflicts in Afghanistan and Iraq w the longest military operations in U.S. history and the numbers of veterans returning from overseas deployment higher than they've been in a generation, this is a timely and necessary book.
- Author BiographyStephen R. Ortiz is associate professor of history at Binghampton University, is the author of Beyond the Bonus March and GI Bill: How Veteran Policies Shaped the New Deal Era.
- PublisherUniversity Press of Florida
- Date of Publication30/03/2015
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationFlorida
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of Florida
- Content Note6 black & white figures, 5 tables, 4 graphs
- Weight517 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byStephen R. Ortiz
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.13Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.37Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.