Veterinary Clinical Procedures in Large Animal Practice by Susanna Bosted, Jody Rockett (Hardback, 2006)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $71.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $72.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionVeterinary Clinical Procedures in Large Animal Practice is a step-by-step procedural manual that addresses the most common clinical procedures used with horses, cattle, llamas, goats, and pigs, with primary emphasis placed on horses and cattle. The text features the purpose, potential complications, and a detailed equipment list for every procedure and lists the technical steps of each procedure. It also includes a rationale column which explains, amplifies, or provides additional insight concerning each step. Topics include restraint; husbandry; physical examination; specimen collection; clinical procedures; lower limb radiographs; neonatal procedures; and surgical and anesthetic preps. The appendices contain values such as normal temperature, pulse and respiration rates, clinical chemistry, conversions, CBC, and centesis values. Common vernacular and terminology concerning animal husbandry and gestation times are also provided.
- Author BiographyFollowing several years as an associate veterinarian in mixed animal practice, Jody Rockett, DVM, founded the Veterinary Technology program at the College of Southern Idaho (CSI). She currently directs the program at CSI. A past president of the Idaho Veterinary Medical Association, Dr. Rockett serves on the Idaho Board of Veterinary Medicine. She was named Idaho Veterinarian of the Year in 2010. Also the author of PATIENT ASSESSMENT, DOCUMENTATION AND INTERVENTION FOR THE VETERINARY TECHNICIAN, Dr. Rockett has presented at conferences throughout the United States and Europe, including the Association for Veterinary Technician Educators, VETTNET (Paris), Atlantic Coast Veterinary Conference, and the Jackson Hole Veterinary Rendezvous. She received her bachelor's degree in microbiology from the University of Wyoming and attended the University of Missouri College of Veterinary Medicine. Susanna Bosted, DVM, has owned her own mixed animal practice for 25 years and previously served as a clinical instructor at the College of Southern Idaho. A past president of the Idaho Veterinary Medical Association, Dr. Bosted is a current member of the Idaho Veterinary Emergency Response Team. She has a Bachelor of Science in microbiology from the University of Idaho and received her DVM at Washington State University.
- Author(s)Jody Rockett,Susanna Bosted
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication28/07/2006
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationClifton Park
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDelmar Cengage Learning
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1341 g
- Width222 mm
- Height284 mm
- Spine24 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $189.94New
- AU $111.27New
- AU $93.07Used
- AU $93.07New
- AU $101.13New
- AU $73.88New
- AU $61.04Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.72
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.18
- AU $39.00Trending at AU $50.07
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.43
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.