All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSurgical and therapeutic use of lasers began in human medicine in the early 1960s. Techlogy and equipment advanced rapidly. Over the last ten years veterinarians have been exploring the many potential advantages that various lasers provide their patients. Because laser light energy can be applied directly to target tissue or administered to distant lesions at a remote site through fiberoptic components, laser surgery has become an invaluable and growing veterinary surgical resource. Unlike many medical techlogies, the size, reliability, and portability of lasers have improved so rapidly that they are w both ecomically and practically feasible for the general and specialty veterinarian. Routine laser use in veterinary medicine stands poised to gain large-scale general acceptance for everyday routine and specialty procedures. Written by experts in the field, Veterinary Laser Surgery: A Practical Guide strives to help general and specialty veterinary practitioners understand, implement and expand the use of laser energy in safe and rational ways for both surgical and therapeutic procedures to further improvement the veterinarians ability to enhance the patient's quality of life. * PRACTICAL PICTORIAL GUIDE / ATLAS feature that includes 31 case studies of the most common laser surgery procedures. Broad spectrum of specific laser information, including chapters covering basic laser physics through specific laser surgery techniques and pain management. * Special sections on CO2 and Diode laser wavelengths. * Provides veterinarians with skills and techniques to improve the comfort and quality of patients' lives through appropriate laser use. * User-friendly format makes referencing easy. * A practical reference for specialty and general veterinarians.
- Author BiographyNoel A. Berger, DVM, MS, Dip ABLS, Master Fellow VSLS, Boston Road Animal Clinic, Massachusetts, is a respected luminary in laser medicine and surgery. He is a published writer on the subject of laser surgery tecniques in veterinary medicine and is Past President of the Veterinary Surgical Laser Society and practicing companion animal veterinarian. Peter H. Eeg, DVM, BSc, Master Fello VSLS, Poolesville VBeterinary Clinic, LLC, Maryland, has lectured nationally and internationally on surgical laser techniques and is a published writer on the subject of the use of laser energy in general veterinary practice. He is a Past President of the Veterinary Surgical Laser Society and the current Executive Vice president of the Veterinary Surgical Laser Society and a practicing companion animal veterinarian.
- Author(s)Noel A. Berger,Peter H. Eeg
- PublisherIowa State University Press
- Date of Publication24/07/2006
- SubjectVeterinary Science
- Place of PublicationArnes, AI
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIowa State University Press
- Content Note267 illustrations
- Weight1028 g
- Width222 mm
- Height284 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.92
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.46
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.91
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.14
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.09
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $80.22
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.