All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFully up-to-date and packed with useful tips and helpful insights, this publication provides a comprehensive overview of the admission process for the national and international veterinary schools that are members of the Association of American Veterinary Medical Colleges (AAVMC). As the official guide to getting into vet school, it provides hundreds of pages of must-have information, essential to achieving your goal of becoming a veterinarian. The heart of the book is a directory of member schools, providing the following information for each school: a summary of application procedures; requirements for application and residency; prerequisites for admission; deadlines for each component of the application process; a description of campus and campus life; and the costs of tuition and fees. Full-page spreads provide a complete profile of the different campuses and clearly lay out all the details you need to select the school that matches your needs best. Additional information includes an overview of the Veterinary Medical College Application Service (VMCAS), information about the accreditation of veterinary schools and professional licensure as a veterinarian, a helpful timeline for aspiring vets from high school onward, and firsthand accounts from current students and practitioners about what it's like to train as a vet. The book provides the best concise, current, and comparative information for students interested in preparing for a career in veterinary medicine, as well as their advisors and counselors. It is the essential guide to becoming a DVM. As Executive Director of AAVMC Dr. Andrew McCabe writes, These are exciting times for veterinary medicine, a profession that bridges animal, human, and ecosystem health. We understand that getting started and making sense of all the choices and requirements can be challenging, but you've come to the right place by accessing this publication, which provides the essential information you need to begin your journey.
- Author BiographyThe Association of American Veterinary Medical Colleges coordinates the national and international affairs of all 30 veterinary medical colleges in the United States and 5 in Canada, 9 departments of veterinary science, 8 departments of comparative medicine, 20 accredited colleges of veterinary medicine overseas, and 4 affiliate members. The AAVMC fosters the teaching, research, and service activities of its members, both nationally and internationally. The mission of the AAVMC is to improve the quality of life for people and animals by advancing veterinary medical education, improving animal health and welfare, strengthening biomedical research, promoting food safety and food security, and enhancing environmental quality.
- Author(s)Association of American Veterinary Medical Colleges
- PublisherPurdue University Press
- Date of Publication30/04/2016
- SubjectVeterinary Science
- Place of PublicationWest Lafayette
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPurdue University Press
- Weight544 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.99
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.