All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the early 1990s, a forty-something Cassie Hunter Thomas reluctantly finds herself with a new title: Empty-Nester Downsizing Statistic. Along with the loss of her full-time roles of Mother and Employee, Cassie mourns the loss of important parts of her identity and is nearly overwhelmed by an abundance of free time. Cassie needs a project. While filling albums with old family photos, the reconstruction of her life in pictures evokes memories and emotions that take Cassie on a cathartic journey through a spectrum of events that span from heartrending to heartwarming. Loss of loved ones. Feelings of displacement. Developing lifelong friendships. Anxiety during turbulent times of national and global conflicts. Falling in love and building a relationship. Watching her children become adults. Alternate periods of employment and unemployment. Financial loss and starting over. Indecision and decision. As Cassie laughs and cries her way to a profound gratitude for the blessing of emotional strength, she sees her life from a new perspective. Cassie starts a journal. While logging her memories, it becomes clear that many initially perceived negative circumstances ultimately proved to be stepping-stones that led to positive experiences. When previously faced with fear and uncertainty, and with inexperience and adversity, an almost unbelievable spiritual strength had always carried her ahead-and ingenuity, stamina, and perseverance helped her to endure and emerge feeling somewhat stronger, wiser, and satisfied. Believing that everything happens for a reason gives Cassie a sense of cleansing, a sense of healing, and a surprising sense of peace. She decides she's exactly where she's supposed to be. Cassie starts a manuscript. Nearly twenty years after the inception of Vicissitudes, Cassie sees several events of the twenty-first century unfolding in ways that eerily parallel those of the past. With a distinct feeling of 1950-1990's deja vu settling in, Cassie decides to finally put her story of timeless issues and emotions between the covers of a book. She hopes her story will ease the fears of those who walk in her footsteps and convince them that they, too, can endure and emerge stronger for having experienced life's obstacles. In 2011, a sixty-something Cassie happily finds herself with a new title: Self-Published Author.
- Author BiographyDebra Ice lives in a small town in West Virginia. Like many women, she's faced and dealt with some difficult circumstances, but she also knows things could have been a lot worse. She continues to count her blessings, maintains a sense of humor, and moves forward with a profound gratitude for each day of life.
- Author(s)Debra L Ice
- PublisherBraydie Codell Publishing
- Date of Publication29/06/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBraydie Codell Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight440 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.