All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a pivotal Union victory. Michael Ballard provides a concise yet thorough study of the 1863 battle that cut off a crucial river port and rail depot for the South and split the Confederate nation, providing a turning point in the Civil War. The Union victory at Vicksburg was hailed with as much celebration in the North as the Gettysburg victory and Ballard makes a convincing case that it was equally important to the ultimate resolution of the conflict.
- Author BiographyMICHAEL B. BALLARD is university archivist and coordinator of the Congressional and Political Research Center at Mississippi State University. He is author of ten books, including Pemberton: A Biography and A Long Shadow: Jefferson Davis and the Final Days of the Confederacy.
- Author(s)Michael B. Ballard
- PublisherThe University of North Carolina Press
- Date of Publication15/02/2010
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleCivil War America
- Place of PublicationChapel Hill
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe University of North Carolina Press
- Content Note33 illustrations, 12 maps, notes, bibliography, index
- Weight735 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine31 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.