All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn Vicky Swanky Is a Beauty, Diane Williams lays bare the urgency and weariness that shape our lives in stories honed sharper than ever. With sentences auguring revelation and explosion, Williams's unsettling stories--a cryptic meeting between neighbors, a woman's sexual worries, a graveside discussion, a chimney on fire--are narrated with razor-sharp tongues and naked, uproarious irreverence. These fifty stories hum with tension, each one so taut that it threatens to snap and send the whole thing sprawling--the mess and desire, the absurdity and hilarity, the bruises and bleeding, the blushes and disappointments and secrets. An audacious, unruly tour de force, Vicky Swanky Is a Beauty cements Diane Williams' position as one of the best practitioners of the short form in literature today.
- Author BiographyDiane Williams is the author of six books, including a collection of her selected stories. She is also the founder and editor of the literary annual NOON. She lives in New York City.
- Author(s)Diane Williams
- PublisherMcSweeney's Publishing
- Date of Publication27/09/2012
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationSan Francisco
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcSweeney's Publishing
- Out-of-print date13/12/2014
- Weight142 g
- Width140 mm
- Height200 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementFirst Trade Paper Edition
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $23.18
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.24
- AU $12.13Trending at AU $16.81
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.13
- AU $47.56Trending at AU $49.64
- AU $22.15Trending at AU $23.06
- AU $26.48Trending at AU $34.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.