All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $168.69
- AU $15.16Trending at AU $23.73
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.70
- AU $24.45Trending at AU $29.56
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $6.51
- AU $20.72Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $15.78Trending at AU $17.63
About this product
- DescriptionVicky Pootle thinks she is a perfectly rmal 11-year-old - until she goes into the Magic Wood, a place her parents have warned her never to go. There she is met by a strange ethereal creature, a tatterdemalion, who tells Vicky that she is needed for a special and dangerous quest. Transported to the Kingdom of the Elves she learns she is a Halfling - part human and part elf - and possesses powers that the elves once had but have lost.The King of the Elves asks Vicky if she will help rescue his daughter and other elfin children who have been abducted by an evil creature we would call a witch. Reluctantly, Vicky agrees and sets off with the tatterdemalion, Ephelia. They are joined, uninvited, by ather Halfling, Andron, and the three encounter many dangers before reaching the witch's castle. They are, however, helped by a dragon in return for their rescuing its injured baby. The success of the quest is by means guaranteed, for in the end Vicky has to face the witch alone and match her magic against the witch's.The story is a fantasy adventure but also one of friendship, commitment and courage. But are these eugh for Vicky and her friends to triumph against evil?
- Author BiographyMike Clegg served for 39 years in the Royal Air Force, firstly flying maritime patrol aircraft out of the UK, Malta, Cyprus and Singapore before taking up national and NATO staff appointments. He spent his final service years in Naples where he was political adviser to a senior military commander.He now leads archaeological tours to the Mediterranean area and is an accredited lecturer for the National Association of Decorative and Fine Arts Societies lecturing on the ancient world. He has a First Class Honours degree from the Open University based on Classical studies and Renaissance Art, and has maintained his interest in aviation having just completed 18 years on an RAF volunteer unit teaching Air Cadets to fly.Mike enjoys skiing, reading, writing and playing the bodhran. He is married to Monica and they now live in Shropshire. They have three children and five grandchildren, three of whom are half American.
- Author(s)Mike Clegg
- PublisherMichael Clegg
- Date of Publication01/07/2016
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationMarket Drayton
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMichael Clegg
- Weight100 g
- Width140 mm
- Height220 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.