All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume examines sentencing hearings in criminal court and the presentation of victim impact statements, as well as child protection cases in juvenile court and the recommendations of guardians ad litem (GALS). Through interviews, observations, and textual analysis, all deeply grounded in an invative court watch program, the authors illuminate the most effective persuasive practices of victim advocates and GALS as they help protect the rights and needs of victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, and child abuse. Mary Lay Schuster and Amy D. Propen offer nuanced interpretations of these strategies in the courtroom setting and provide an understanding of how to develop successful advocacy for vulnerable parties in the legal arena.
- Author BiographyMARY LAY SCHUSTER is a professor in the Department of Writing Studies, Rhetoric, Scientific, and Technical Communication Programs, and a faculty fellow in the Law School, University of Minnesota Twin Cities. AMY D. PROPEN is an assistant professor of rhetoric and composition at York College of Pennsylvania.
- Author(s)Amy D. Propen,Mary Lay Schuster
- PublisherUniversity Press of New England
- Date of Publication12/07/2011
- SubjectLaw: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationMassachusetts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNortheastern University Press
- Weight473 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.02New
- AU $5.82New
- AU $22.48New
- AU $33.47New
- AU $30.62New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $62.02
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.88
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.62
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $53.06
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.55
- AU $39.26Trending at AU $43.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.