Brand newLOWEST PRICE
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $283.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDrawing from the most up-to-date research, Victimology is an accessible, student-friendly text that provides students with an overview of the field of Victimology. Rewned authors and researchers Leah E. Daigle and Lisa R. Muftic expertly relay the history and development in this growing field to equip students with a strong foundation from which to build. Students will develop an understanding for why people are victimized, as well as how the Criminal Justice system and other social services interact with victims and each other. Students will also receive information about specific types of victimization, including contemporary issues such as stalking, hate crimes, human trafficking, terrorism, and more!
- Author BiographyLeah E. Daigle is associate professor in the Department of Criminal Justice and Criminology in the Andrew Young School of Policy Studies at Georgia State University. She received her PhD in criminal justice from the University of Cincinnati in 2005. Her most recent research has centered on repeat sexual victimization of college women and responses women use during and after being sexually victimized. Her other research interests include the development and continuation of offending and victimization across the life course. She is author of Victimology: A Text/Reader, coauthor of Criminals in the Making: Criminality Across the Life Course and Unsafe in the Ivory Tower: The Sexual Victimization of College Women, which was awarded the 2011 Outstanding Book Award by the Academy of Criminal Justice Sciences. She has also published numerous peer-reviewed articles that have appeared in outlets such as Justice Quarterly, Journal of Quantitative Criminology, Journal of Inter-personal Violence, and Victims and Offenders. Lisa R. Muftic is associate professor in the Department of Criminal Justice & Criminology within the College of Criminal Justice and the assistant director for the Crime Victims' Institute at Sam Houston State University. She received her PhD in criminal justice from North Dakota State University in 2006. For the 2012-2013 academic year she was appointed the US Fulbright Scholar to Bosnia and Herzegovina where she was a visiting faculty member with the Faculty of Criminal Justice Sciences, Criminology and Security Studies at the University of Sarajevo. Dr. Muftic has extensive experience in the areas of violence against women, human trafficking, and international criminal justice issues, with special expertise regarding the situation in Bosnia and Herzegovina. Her published scholarship has appeared in well-respected refereed journals including Justice Quarterly, Crime & Delinquency, Journal of Research in Crime & Delinquency, Violence Against Women, Journal of Interpersonal Violence, and Victims and Offenders.
- Author(s)Leah E. Daigle,Lisa R. Muftic
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication04/09/2015
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight680 g
- Width187 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.02
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $64.69Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.