Victims and Victimisation: A Reader by Hannah Goodman Chong, Brian K. Williams (Paperback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $46.53Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $27.00Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by bernie3799
- Est. delivery by 13 Dec
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionVictimology is an important area of study in crimilogy as an academic subject, but is also taken seriously by governments and agencies in their assessment of criminal behaviour and their policies on crime. Victimologyaddresses questions such as: Why are certain people or groups of people victims of crime? Why do some crimes go unreported? Why do victims respond in the way that they do? What can the state do to stop certain groups becoming victims? How can victims be supported following a crime?This reader brings together some of the classic readings in crimilogy, dating back to the origins of victimology as a subject during the 1940s. It also includes more recent articles which examine newer issues in victimologysuch as corporate crime, state crime and religious effects and implications on the subject. The book also explores the ongoing development of policy and theories of victimology. Victims and Victimisation: A Reader brings together, for the first time, these classic and contemporary readings in crimilogy. It also includes an editorial introduction to the volume and an introduction to each thematic section. It provides key reading for students of crimilogy, law and sociology.
- Author BiographyHannah Goodman Chong is Research Fellow in community justice at DMU.
- Author(s)Brian K. Williams,Hannah Goodman Chong
- PublisherOpen University Press
- Date of Publication01/07/2009
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationMilton Keynes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOpen University Press
- Weight1 g
- Width60 mm
- Height90 mm
- Spine9 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.