All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.79Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionThe first book to survey the work of this iconic designer, kwn for her serene new American classic look. One of today s most influential designers, Victoria Hagan exploded onto the scene in 1988 when New York magazine devoted the cover of its design issue to one of her rooms. Since then she has become rewned for her intelligent integration of architectural and interior design, her refined use of materials, her sophisticated color palette, and her strong silhouettes. Always looking to the view, Hagan effortlessly makes a close connection of interior spaces to the surrounding landscape. The houses profiled ranging from elegant urban residences to casual weekend retreats reveal Hagan s unerring attention to what Proust called the unexpected detail, which makes her interiors beautiful as well as timeless. Throughout, Hagan discourses on the spirit of cherished objects a print of birds in flight, a vintage star-shaped mirror, or a chair with an unusual silhouette that add soul and modernity. With stunning photography and personal insights into Hagan s design philosophy, Victoria Hagan: Interior Portraits is an artful and inspiring collection of this design superstar s oeuvre.
- Author BiographyVictoria Hagan launched her eponymous interior design firm based in New York in 1991. She has been awarded many of the country s top design honors, including Architectural Digest s Top 100, and is regularly featured in magazines. A frequent speaker on design issues, Hagan has also made television appearances on Martha Stewart and Oprah. In 2004, she was inducted into the Design Hall of Fame. Marianne Hagan is a longtime devotee of design and architecture. As a journalist, she has written articles for the arts and cultures magazines BlackBook and Room 100. As an actress, she has appeared on stage, television, and film. She is also Victoria s sister. On working with Victoria, she says, Writing and researching this book gave me an open-window view into my sister s talent and vision. It was a magical vicarious tour. A graduate of Duke University, Marianne calls New York City home.
- Author(s)Victoria Hagan
- PublisherRizzoli International Publications
- Date of Publication01/09/2010
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRizzoli International Publications
- Content Note200 Colour
- Weight2046 g
- Width244 mm
- Height324 mm
- Spine29 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.