Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $74.74
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.46
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.65
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.44
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.36
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.46
About this product
- DescriptionVictorian Factory Life explores the lives of the men, women and children who toiled in the factories of Victorian Britain, manufacturing everything from hats, cloth and dinner-plates to beer and locomotives. It was a grim and often perilous existence of long hours, of meager pay and of exhausting labour and one into which many children were plunged at a young age. Generously illustrated with old photographs, artwork and pieces of ephemera, this book is a powerful evocation of the social iniquities that enabled the prodigious growth of British industry, a historical account of the great injustices with which many are familiar only through the works of Charles Dickens.
- Author BiographyTrevor May was educated at the universities of London and Exeter and is now a professional historian, writer and educator. He has written over a dozen books on social and economic history topics, including books in the Shire Library series.
- Author(s)Trevor May
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication18/05/2011
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleShire Library
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 496
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintShire Publications Ltd
- Content Note50 b/w; 35 col
- Weight133 g
- Width149 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.