All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExtremists have made, and will continue into the future, varied attempts to attack the US and its allies with varying levels of organization and skill. We shake our heads with a certain degree of disbelief and say, When will it end? After the destruction of the World Trade Center and the accompanying damages to the Pentagon and the national psyche, government has enacted laws and strategies to prevent terrorist activities. However, as democratic societies which value individual rights, we are challenged to t provoke a response which undermines our Constitutional system of government. In a thorough investigative fashion, Victory Over Terrorism takes readers through the strange and often sordid methods that are routinely utilized by terrorists organizations, the prevailing thoughts and beliefs of Muslim communities throughout the world, and the anti-terrorist practices that intensified under the administrations of Presidents George W. Bush and Barack H. Obama. Victory Over Terrorism helps us understand the problems associated with national security and their possible solutions. The book is an important piece of sociopolitical literature; it is well-written and replete with research, erudite observation and description. As a historian with a deep understanding of geopolitics, Dr. Juan R. Cespedes examines the most urgent questions pertaining to the problem of terrorism. How is terrorism defined? Can the threat of terrorism ever be eliminated? This is required reading for the informed citizen, law enforcement and military personnel, or anyone with an interest in national security issues and policies. A portion of the proceeds from the sale of this book will be donated to the Pat Tillman foundation for Military Scholars.
- Author BiographyDr. Juan R. Cespedes is a veteran educator, lecturer, and author. For nearly three decades Dr. Cespedes has shared his thoughts and research about history, politics, economics, and international relations with a wide audience.He is also the author of Collapse of the Soviet Empire, an analysis of the communism in Europe and Eurasia, War Interminable: The Origins, Causes, Practices and Effects of International Conflict, and the IB History Exam Study Guide: International Contemporary History 1848-2008. An advocate of maximizing individual freedom, human dignity and democratic government, he has traveled widely, researched, and reported extensively on major topics such as the nature of totalitarian regimes, the Cold War, the causes of wars, and the history of terrorism. He is currently a History Instructor for the International Baccalaureate program at Miami-Dade County Public Schools, an Examiner for the International Baccalaureate Organization, and an Adjunct Professor at Florida International University's School of International and Public Affairs in the Gordon Institute for Public Policy and Citizenship Studies, where he teaches a course on the 20th century and contemporary issues.
- Author(s)Dr Juan R Cespedes Ph D
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication09/02/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCurrent Affairs & Issues
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight449 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.65New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.