All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA person-centred resource essential for Australian students This textbook is designed to support students in diploma and degree level mental health nursing courses. Reader-friendly and concise, it promotes skilled engagement, collaborative assessment and care planning, as well as emphasising the need for self-awareness and effective communication. Written in collaboration with accomplished nurse educators and practitioners, Mental Health Nursing delivers a complete framework to prepare nurses for working in mental health. Australian practice is at the core of the text and it includes a special focus on gerontological issues. Key Features: - Therapeutic Communication dialogues give examples of patient behaviours and effective nursing responses. - Australian best practice is emphasised throughout, with demographic, institutional, legislative and cultural references. - Drug Alerts highlight essential points about psychotropic drugs. - Nursing Care Plans provide treatment plans with guidance on assessment, outcomes and implementation. - Patient/Family Education boxes provide information that helps strengthen students roles as educators.
- Author(s)Jennifer Evans,Peter Brown
- PublisherLippincott Williams & Wilkins
- Date of Publication30/11/2011
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationBroadway, NSW
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintLippincott Williams & Wilkins
- Weight1198 g
- Edition StatementAustralian and New Zealand ed
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.