Video Conferencing Over IP: Configure, Secure, and Troubleshoot by Michael Gough (Paperback, 2006)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $55.15+ AU $7.50 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book de-mystifies the techlogy behind video conferencing and provides single users and small enterprises with the information they need to deploy video conferencing efficiently and cost effectively. For many years, the promise of high quality, low cost video conferencing has been an attractive solution for businesses interested in cutting travel costs while maintaining the benefits of face-to-face contact. Unfortunately, most solutions never lived up to the promise, due primarily to lack of internet bandwidth and poorly developed protocols. That's all changed. The capacity has been created, the hardware works, and businesses are more eager than ever to cut down on travel costs. * Budget conscious methods for deploying Video over IP in small to medium enterprises * Coverage of Cisco, Microsoft, Skype, AOL, Google, VidiTel and many other products * How to identify and resolve nagging quality of service issues such as transmission delays and out of synch video-to-voice feeds
- Author BiographyMichael Gough is host and webmaster of www.SkypeTips.com, which was launched in January 2005 and receives more than 100,000 hits per month, and www.VideoCallTips.com, which receives more than 30,000 hits per month. Michael writes articles on Skype and related issues. He also explains Skype's options and instructions to users so that they can practically apply Skype at home and in the workplace. Michael also evaluates products used with Skype and provides feedback to the vendors on features and improvements to help drive the direction of Skype-related products. Michael is also the host and webmaster for www.VideoCallTips.com, a Web site focused on helping people understand how to make video calls to family and friends, and maintains ratings of the many video call solutions available. Michael's full-time employment is as a computer security consultant with 18 years' experience in the computer technology field. Michael works for a Fortune 500 company, where he delivers security consulting services to their clients. Michael also presents for his company at many trade shows and conferences and works with associations and groups, advising agencies like the FBI on Skype security and the Center for Internet Security on wireless security.
- Author(s)Michael Gough
- PublisherSyngress Media,U.S.
- Date of Publication07/06/2006
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationRockland, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSyngress Media,U.S.
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight592 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $86.95New
- AU $40.99Used
- AU $112.52New
- AU $97.37Used
- AU $33.12New
- AU $30.22New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $30.69New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $37.84
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $43.21
- AU $60.93Trending at AU $62.81
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.50
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.11
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.10
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $23.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.