All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionVideo Ecomics is an analysis of the ecomics and business strategies of the televison industry. Bruce Owen and Steven Wildman identify the complex chain of programme producers, distributors (networks), and retailers (video stores, cable systems, and broadcast stations), whose objectives are to obtain viewers in order to sell them to advertisers, to charge them an admission fee, or both. Among the concepts the authors explain and apply are those of public good, ecomies of scale, and price discrimination. Since about 1975 the US television industry has been transformed from a heavily regulated business to a highly competitive one, with new networks, techlogies, and markets. Video Ecomics addresses the major issues affecting competitive advantage in the industry, including sequential programme release strategies kwn as windowing, competition among programme producers, the ecomics of networking, cable televison, scheduling strategies and high definition television. The authors present the ecomic tools required to analyze the industry as they take up each new topic. This book will be of particular interest to students of the mass media, communication policy officials, communication lawyers and consultants, and media and advertising executives.
- Author BiographyBruce M. Owen is the president of Economists Incoporated, Washington, D.C. Steven S. Wildman is Associate Professor, Department of Communication Studies, Northwestern University.
- Author(s)Bruce M. Owen,Steven S. Wildman
- PublisherHarvard University Press
- Date of Publication03/07/1992
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationCambridge, Mass
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarvard University Press
- Content Note33line,47tables
- Weight726 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine22 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.