All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.42
About this product
- DescriptionThe need for students and young professionals to be effective communicators and media creators has never been so essential as it is today. Crafting multimedia messages across a variety of platforms is the key growth skill of the 21st century, and strong visual and verbal communication skills, media literacy, and technical proficiency all play a critical role. Video Production 101: Delivering the Message introduces and explores the roles of story development, producing, directing, camerawork, editing, sound design, and other aspects key to media creation. After each topic is explored students develop their skills with hands-on activities in each chapter, such as making a video self-portrait, visual poem, public service anuncement, promotional video, short fiction film, and documentary. The authors include videos so readers can watch and learn some of the more visually-oriented concepts. Video Production 101 teaches the way students want to learn - in a project-based and results oriented structure, covering the process of media creation in all its varieties. Accessible and engaging, this book is the ultimate guide for anyone who wants to take control and clearly, effectively, and powerfully deliver his or her message to the world using video.
- Author BiographyANTONIO MANRIQUEZ is the video production teacher for the New Media Academy at the world famous Hollywood High School in Los Angeles, California. He is an Apple Distinguished Educator, an Apple Certified Trainer, and an Avid Certified Instructor. His education and career in video and cinema production began at the age of fourteen when he directed a feature-length film that premiered at the 1997 Sundance Film Festival. He is the founder and Executive Director of Media Educators of Los Angeles (MediaEducatorsLA.org), a networking organization founded in 2009 to educate and empower media arts educators in the greater Los Angeles area. Manriquez also chairs the CUE (CUE.org) Video in the Classroom Learning Network. THOMAS MCCLUSKEY is a screenwriter, filmmaker, and teacher originally from Astoria, Queens, NY. He is a graduate of Regis High School, Fordham University, and U.S.C's School of Cinematic Arts and is currently completing his Master of Arts in Educational Administration at Cal State, Northridge. With fifteen years of experience teaching filmmaking, he is currently building a Video Production Program at Helen Bernstein High School in Hollywood. He has won numerous awards for his films and screenplays including two Cine Golden Eagle Awards. He is on the Board of Directors of MELA (Media Educators of Los Angeles).
- Author(s)Antonio Manriquez,David Basulto,Tom McCluskey
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication21/12/2014
- SubjectComputing: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBerkeley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeachpit Press Publications
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight660 g
- Width189 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and Online resource
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.