Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $22.95Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by robynstreasures62
- Est. delivery by 31 Jan
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Vietnam War ripped America apart and charted the nation's tumultuous future. In their tens of thousands, young men went off to fight in what was an initially popular war only to face defeat and acrimony as national resolve wavered - and returned home to a nation that reviled them and tried to forget about them. Written by Andrew Wiest, the bestselling author of The Boys of '67: Charlie Company's War in Vietnam this book traces the American experience of Vietnam from the war's popular inception to its morale-crushing and bitter conclusion. Based on rich collection housed at the Center of Military History and at the Vietnam Archive at Texas Tech, Vietnam allows the reader a grunt's-eye view of the conflict - from the steaming rice paddies and swamps of the Mekong Delta, to the triple-capy rainforest of the Central Highlands, and to the forlorn Marine bases that dotted the DMZ. The stories contained within these pages detail everything from heroism and battle to helicopters hitting the landing zones and death and injury. In their own words, this is a true and grippingly accurate portrait of the American war in Vietnam through the eyes of the men and women who fought in that far away land, and those they left behind.
- Author BiographyAndrew Wiest is Charles W. Moorman Distinguished Professor at the University of Southern Mississippi. He has written or edited several books on the Vietnam War, including Vietnam's Forgotten Army (which won the Society for Military History's Distinguished Book Award), Rolling Thunder in a Gentle Land: The Vietnam War Revisited, and America and the Vietnam War: Re-examining the Culture and History of a Generation. Dr. Wiest has also served as a visiting professor at both the Royal Military Academy, Sandhurst and the United States Air Force Air War College.
- Author(s)Andrew A. Wiest
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication08/04/2013
- SubjectMilitary History
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOsprey Publishing
- Content Note6 b/w; 11 col
- Weight603 g
- Width152 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine30 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.78
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.86
- AU $28.00Trending at AU $30.37
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.