All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.35Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionThe first volume garnered such popular acclaim--and drew so many more veterans and photographs out of obscurity--that a follow-up book was called for. Like the first installment, this one assembles hundreds of photos--most of them in color, most of them never seen by the public before--of the artwork soldiers painted on their helicopters during the Vietnam War. Shown here are the cartoons (such as Charlie Brown), musical and film references (Iron Butterfly and Easy Rider, for example), slogans ( Ho Chi Minh sucks ), and names that adorned aircraft like Hueys and Chioks. This is a vivid slice of American folk art but also a unique look into the military history of the Vietnam War.
- Author BiographyJohn Brennan, a Vietnam veteran of the 114th Assault Helicopter Company, is also the author of U.S. Army Helicopter Names in Vietnam. He lives in San Lorenzo, California.
- Author(s)John Brennan
- PublisherStackpole Books
- Date of Publication20/03/2014
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleStackpole Military Photo Series
- Place of PublicationMechanicsburg
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintStackpole Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations, colour illustrations
- Weight748 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.