All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBring the Flavor of Vietnam to Your Kitchen Salty, sweet, bitter, sour, and spicy: these are the flavorful tenets of Vietnamese cuisine. This exhilarating culinary culture is rich but light, deeply flavorful but made with simple ingredients, and filling while also easy to prepare. That's the message that authors Van Tran and Anh Vu wanted to bring to a hungry crowd when they opened their banh mi stall in London, an international city that surprisingly lacked the tastes of the authors' childhoods in Hai. As their business expanded, The Vietnamese Market Cookbook followed. The recipes are simpler than you might think but explode with the purest flavors of vegetables, seafood, lean meats, spices, chiles, and treasured Vietnamese condiments like fish sauce. Old and new favorites collide: Asparagus and Crabmeat Soup, Papaya Salad with Crispy Anchovies, Claypot Chicken with Ginger, Sea Bass Carpaccio, Kumquat Jasmine Iced Tea, and Creme Caramel. From chapters like Sweetness and Happiness to Spiciness and Adventure and Saltiness and Healing, this lusciously filling book will bring a little bit of Vietnam into your home.
- Author BiographyVan Tran and Ahn Vu are the owners of the popular market stalls Banhmi11 and two market cafes, No. 101 and No. 17, in London. Both born in Vietnam, they spent their childhoods in Hanoi. They had no professional training as chefs when they left their jobs in finance, but successfully filled a gap in London's culinary scene with banh mi sandwiches, which led to their ever-expanding restaurant empire. Their book, The Vietnamese Market Cookbook, was first published in the UK in fall 2013 and was lauded in The Guardian, Time Out London, Zest, Jamie Magazine, The Sunday Telegraph, Top Sante Magazine, and Metro London, among others. They live in London.
- Author(s)Anh Vu,Van Tran
- PublisherRunning Press
- Date of Publication11/09/2014
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationPhiladelphia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRunning Press,U.S.
- Content NoteColor photos throughout
- Weight1225 g
- Width260 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.92Trending at AU $62.69
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
- AU $35.28Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.74
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.