All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionViewing an American Ethnic Community is a work based on the author's love of his heritage. Salamone, a professor of anthropology, believes that each ethnic community must adapt to the social and cultural circumstances in which it finds itself. Thus, while sharing much with other Italian-American communities, the Italians of Rochester were also different in significant ways because of the history, culture, and society-including other ethnic groups-to which they adapted. This photo-book is a small record of the city of Rochester and its Italian community, showing mainly the happy times in the city and of the community, for the joys always trumped the problems. The author wishes to thank Jesse Gimbel for his professional help with the photos.
- Author BiographyFrank A. Salamone is Chair of the Sociology-Anthropology Department at Iona College. Salamone, a native of Rochester, New York, is married and has seven children, ten grandchildren, and one great-grandchild. He has authored many books, including two others on the Italians of Rochester, and The Culture of Jazz: Jazz as Critical Culture (UPA 2008). He has also published over 100 articles, many on Rochester Italians.
- Author(s)Frank A. Salamone
- PublisherUniversity Press of America
- Date of Publication28/12/2009
- SubjectPopular Culture & Media: General Interest
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of America
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight145 g
- Width156 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.07
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.98Trending at AU $53.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.