All listings for this product
Best-selling in Travel Guides
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $75.00Trending at AU $84.46
- AU $28.01Trending at AU $39.49
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $26.46
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.81
- AU $19.00Trending at AU $21.88
- AU $30.03Trending at AU $32.25
- AU $18.42Trending at AU $29.83
About this product
- DescriptionIf you ever wondered what it would be like to go on a cruise, especially a long one like a voyage around the world, this book will give you an inside view of the many highs and the occasional lows of such a journey. 'Views from a Cruise' describes the personal perspective of a single female passenger on a medium-sized cruise ship. As a first-time cruiser, and still some twenty years shy of retirement age, she sets out to cross the oceans and see the world while relaxing in style, recovering energy and enjoying serious pampering after years of intense work. Incidents and insights are described in entertaining and bite-sized chunks. The book is a good read and packed with information on a great variety of topics: Life and leisure at sea - organized excursions on land - immigration interviews - piracy facts - countries, cultures and customs - passengers, both nasty and nice - world religions - travel philosophy - drug smuggling - the rovirus - car and sea sickness - health, fitness and weight loss - and much, much more. To become acquainted with cruising, read this book and feel tempted to plan your own journey ...
- Author BiographyFabienne Wolf grew up in landlocked Switzerland, which put paid to her childhood dreams of going to sea. She studied visual design instead and initially worked as a graphic designer in the Swiss advertising industry. Then she retrained as a Waldorf educator and relocated to England, where she taught art, language and a range of other subjects. A spontaneous decision to take time out, to travel and see the world put her in touch with her love of writing, and she realized her wish of crossing the great oceans at last.
- Author(s)Fabienne Wolf
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication12/12/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Out-of-print date01/12/2016
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight440 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.