Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.01
About this product
- DescriptionMarauders or explorers? Raiders or Traders? We think we kw who the Vikings were, but do we really? A thousand years after their demise, traces of Viking civilisation can be found as far apart as North America and the Middle East. They traded walruses with Inuits and sold slaves in Constantiple. They discovered America, settled in Newfoundland and fought battles in Central Asia. Arranged thematically, Vikings is a comprehensive history of Norse life, from religion to raiding, from exploration to settlement and legacy. Illustrated with more than 200 colour and black and white photographs and maps, Vikings is an exciting history of a people who have long held a place in the popular imagination.
- Author BiographyMartin J Dougherty is a writer specialising in history, defence and the martial arts. He is the author of Weapons & Fighting Techniques of the Medieval Warrior (Amber Books 2008), and is a contributing author to Battles of the Medieval World (Amber 2011), Battles That Changed Warfare (Amber 2011), and Battles That Changed History (Amber 2013)
- Author(s)Martin J. Dougherty
- PublisherNew Holland Publishers
- Date of Publication01/11/2014
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationFrenchs Forest, NSW
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintNew Holland Publishers
- Content Note200 colour & b&w photos, maps & artworks
- Width185 mm
- Height242 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.