All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.30
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.75
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.87
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.82
About this product
- DescriptionIn August 1808, a 14,000-man British army landed at Figura da Fozin Portugal under the future Wellington, Sir Arthur Wellesley. General Andoche Jut had 25,000 French troops in Portugal but these were scattered trying to contain the Portuguese. A 6,000-strong French force under General de Laborde was sent against the British. Wellesley outmaeuvred his opponent and, at Rolica on 17 August, defeated the French. The suprized French mustered a further 13,000 men and hoped to defeat the British quickly as more troops were arriving from England. Jut met Wellesley (16,000 British, 2,000 Portuguese) at Vimeiro on 21 August.
- Author BiographyRene Chartrand was born in Montreal and educated in Canada, the United States and the Bahamas. A senior curator with Canada's National Historic Sites for nearly three decades, he is now a freelance writer and historical consultant. He has written numerous articles and books including almost 20 Osprey titles and the first two volumes of Canadian Military Heritage. He lives in Hull, Quebec, with his wife and two sons. Patrice Courcelle, born in northern France in 1950, has been a professional illustrator for some 20 years. His previous work for Osprey includes MAA 328 and 335 'Emigre & Foreign Troops in British Service' Vols. 1 and 2, Campaign 76 'Ticonderoga 1758' and Campaign 79 'Louisbourg 1758'
- Author(s)Rene Chartrand
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication19/09/2001
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleOsprey Campaign S.
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 90
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOsprey Publishing
- Content Note12 colour & 75 b&w illustrations, bibliography, index
- Weight319 g
- Width184 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Illustrator(s)Patrice Courcelle
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.