All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionThe universal appeal of Vincent's paintings and drawings, those that are little kwn as well as those familiar and much loved images, is enhanced by his own account of his life and thought contained in his letters. In quantity and quality of writing they are unique among those of great artists. Most were written to Theo - his brother, patron and anchor and to him we owe an ermous debt for encouraging, supporting and preserving the writings and works of a troubled genius who, in a tragically brief ten years, progressed to a climax of highly original and productive creativity. This selection of extracts from the letters and more than 230 paintings and drawings - many reproduced for the first time - has been designed for all lovers of Vincent's work. It will appeal equally to those who are familiar with it and his life and who longer need biographical or analytical texts to complete their enjoyment of the pictures as well as to the many with less kwledge who feel less intensely the power of his art.
- Author BiographyBruce Bernard was Picture Editor of The Sunday Times for eight years and has a passionate admiration for the pictures and writings of Vincent van Gogh.
- Author(s)Vincent van Gogh
- PublisherLittle, Brown & Company
- Date of Publication07/12/2000
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLittle, Brown & Company
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight1954 g
- Width252 mm
- Height315 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byBruce Bernard
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.