All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionSometimes we need to take a step back and look at things from a different perspective in order to better understand the goings-on in our lives. And if fables have taught us anything, there's better way to do so than through an animal's eyes. Vincent's Amazing Algorithm is a satirical allegory of the problems encountered in the software development and program management worlds. Clever, comical, and caustic at times, it follows a cast of barnyard animals as they work to develop a security system to ward off a fox who's eager to get his paws on Farmer Brown's hens. The development team is led by engineer Vincent van Gander, a headstrong, shoot-from-the-hip goose looking to stand out from the crowd. His coworkers include go-to guy Shasta, a German Shepherd with remarkable people skills, Tabby, a cat with great problem-solving prowess, and Leed Lemming, a lower-level employee with more determination than kw-how. As the team's story unfolds, the animals-and human readers-learn valuable lessons about workplace ethics and dynamics, which are sure to strike a chord with anyone who's ever worked in development or management, as well as introducing crucial considerations to those new to these fields.
- Author BiographyMichele Downs has been working in the software engineering industry for nearly thirty years. With bachelor's and master's degrees in mathematics from San Jose State University, she has held numerous positions in program management and functional management, giving her insight into software architecture, problem solving, and team dynamics. Combining these skills together, she has designed and taught corporate training courses in software development and engineering methodology and has worked as an engineering methodology consultant on a wide variety of software projects. Downs currently lives in the Santa Cruz Mountains, near Big Basin State Park, and has four grown children and six grandchildren. Vincent's Amazing Algorithm is her first book. A sharp story playfully presented in fable form, it brings her extensive industry experience and expertise to life and tells a tale to which any engineering or management professional will surely relate.
- Author(s)Michele Downs
- Date of Publication20/09/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight68 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.