All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHere is the most ambitious guide to vintage womens fashion ever attempted. It is t just ather history of fashion, but a survey of how fashion past continues to inspire fashion present. It presents over 1,000 stand-out examples, together with over 300 contextual illustrations, dating from the 1920s to the 1980s, including many icons of vintage fashion, from Marylin Monroe's bra to the Ossie Clark dress made so famous by David Hockney's painting. Each garment is explored from the viewpoint of the contemporary fashionista looking to build a vintage wardrobe. The book is organized into three main sections. Decades explores the shapes and fabrics that define the look of each period. Elements explores the individual components of a vintage look, everything from hat to shoes. Hallmarks explores fashions perennial themes, from florals to the ever-popular Little Black Dress. The reference section includes invaluable practical advice for fans and collectors of vintage.
- Author(s)Nicky Albrechtsen
- PublisherThames & Hudson Ltd
- Date of Publication13/10/2014
- SubjectFashion & Beauty
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2014
- ImprintThames & Hudson Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight2870 g
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.78
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.86
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.95
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.89
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.38
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.38
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $91.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.