All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAcomplete guide to recreating authentic hair styles of the 1940s with 1,000 color photographs and step-by-step instructions The 1940s were exciting times for women, heralding new looks and, crucially, new hair styles.This bookprovides a complete guide to those hair styles. It takes a step-by-step approach to demonstrate how to achieve the styles for yourself or for your clients at home, in a salon, or in the studio. More than30 of the most common styles are illustrated with1,000 color photographs. It also charts the history of 1940s hair fashion, and provides guidance on how best to achieve vintage looks for those wishing to re-enact, model, or wear the classic styles of the era. Included are both modern and traditional methods to achieving the hairstyle you pick, as well as troubleshooting tips and tricks.There is also aguide to hair accessories, make-up, and nails, whichwill help complete your look.
- Author BiographyBethany Jane Davies is an award-winning vintage hair and make-up artist. She runs her own salon, a mobile team of specialist vintage hair and make-up artists, and a pop-up salon that provides make-up and hair styling at vintage events around the UK.
- Author(s)Bethany Jane Davies
- PublisherThe Crowood Press Ltd
- Date of Publication09/11/2015
- SubjectFashion & Beauty
- Place of PublicationRamsbury
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe Crowood Press Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations (black and white, and colour)
- Weight953 g
- Width218 mm
- Height262 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.