All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book features gorgeous period designs for classic cross stitch and elegant embroidery, shown in step-by-step photographs and patterns. It offers a wealth of exquisite designs evoking the traditions of the Victorian period. It includes 50 projects for embroiderers of all levels of expertise, inspired by original period pieces. It presents a detailed section on sewing and embroidery techniques, together with hints and tips on making and finishing. All the traditional techniques popular in Victorian times, such as cross stitch, patchwork, beadwork, whitework, quilting and ribbon embroidery, are featured. Projects include a classic napkin and napkin ring, an applique cushion, a beautiful butterfly brooch, a pretty fringed scarf and a stunning embroidered white pillowcase. It is shown in 200 easy-to-follow photographs and diagrams. The Victorian era is probably the richest period of crafts history, a gracious time when gentlewomen pursued excellence in needlecraft, using exciting new techniques to create beautiful pieces. This invative period is evoked by 50 projects forming a collection of delightful pieces. Ranging from the simplest ideas to those requiring a little more skill, there are projects to appeal to all ages and abilities, including a cross-stitched needlecase, an intricate fan quilt, an adorable patchwork box, an elegant evening bag, a festive Christmas tassel, a traditional photomount and a wonderful wedding album. The projects are illustrated with helpful stage-by-stage pictures, equipment lists and patterns.
- Author BiographyDorothy Wood is a creative designer who trained to teach dressmaking and design technology before specializing in textiles and embroidery at Goldsmith's College, London. She has since worked in a variety of craft media as well as patchwork, quilting, applique and embroidery. In addition to writing practical books on crafts, Dorothy works as a features writer and technical consultant for a number of craft and needlework magazines. Her other published works include Embroidered Greetings Cards (Search Press), Simple Glass Seed Beading (David & Charles), and Cross Stitch: The Essential Practical Collection.
- Author(s)Dorothy Wood
- PublisherAnness Publishing
- Date of Publication01/02/2013
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLorenz Books
- Content Noteover 200 photographs
- Weight635 g
- Width229 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsWith printed dust jacket
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.