All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionViola Time Runners is compatible with Fiddle Time Runners: all of the tunes (except the C string pieces) may be played together by viola and violin, either in unison, in unison with a few simple changes, or with the ensemble parts provided. The book uses the finger patterns 0-12-3-4 and 0-1-2-34, and includes 'C string specials'; extra pieces to give plenty of practice on the C string. Duets with parts of equal difficulty and a CD with performances of all of the pieces - bass and drums added for the jazz and rock numbers - make learning the viola fun. Pia accompaniments are provided in Runners Pia Book.
- Author BiographyKathy Blackwell, B. Mus. (Hons.), LTCL, LGSM, studied music at Edinburgh University and continued with post-graduate studies in music at the University of Oxford. Kathy is a string teacher with many years experience of teaching violin and viola. She developed her teaching ideas at the coalface in both Music Services and in private practice, working with groups large and small and in one-to-one lessons. She was a strings consultant for the ABRSM Music Medals initiative, a new assessment specifically designed for students taught in groups, and a contributor to the accompanying book All together! Teaching Music in Groups (ABRSM, 2004). Her teaching experience has led her to co-author Fiddle, Viola, and Cello Time, published by Oxford University Press, with her husband, David. Kathy and David have presented workshops in the UK, Australia, Hong Kong, and Singapore. David Blackwell studied music at Edinburgh University, after which he pursued a career in music publishing, first at ABRSM and then at Oxford University Press. He is co-editor of OUP's In the Mood: 17 Jazz Classics for Choirs and Carols for Choirs 5, and has published a number of single choral arrangements. He is co-writer with his wife Kathy of OUP's award-winning string series, Fiddle, Viola, Cello Time, and String Time, which have twice won the MIA award for Best Educational Publication. He now works as a freelance music editor, composer and arranger.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication21/07/2005
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Series TitleViola Time
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Weight169 g
- Width231 mm
- Height311 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and CD-Audio (Music recording)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.