All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this first anthology of major philosophical contributions on the nature and justifiability of violence over the last 100 years , three basic questions are scrutinized: 'What is violence?', 'Is violence always wrong?', and 'Can violence be justified?'.
- Author BiographyROBERT AUDI is Professor of Philosophy and David E. Gallo Professor of Business Ethics at the University of Notre Dame, France. ALLAN BACK is Professor of Philosophy at Kutztown University of Pennsylvania, USA. SUSAN J. BRISON is Professor of Philosophy at Dartmouth College, New Hampshire, USA. CAJ COADY is Professor of Philosophy at the University of Melbourne, Australia. JOHN DEWEY (1859-1952), a leading proponent of the American school of thought known as 'pragmatism', was Professor of Philosophy at the universities of Michigan, Chicago and Columbia, USA. JOHAN GALTUNG is a Norwegian sociologist, and founder of the International Peace Research Institute. NEWTON GARVER is Professor Emeritus in the Department of Philosophy at the University of Buffalo, New York, USA. BERNARD GERT is Stone Professor of Intellectual and Moral Philosophy at Dartmouth College, USA. JOHN HARRIS is the Sir David Alliance Professor of Bioethics at the University of Manchester, UK. ROBERT L. HOLMES is Professor of Philosophy at the University of Rochester, New York, USA. FREDERIC C. LANE (1990-1984) was Professor of History at Johns Hopkins University, and from 1951 Assistant Director of the Social Sciences for the Rockefeller Foundation in Europe. STEVEN LEE is Professor of Philosophy at Hobart and William Smith College, New York, USA. ROBERT F. LITKE is Professor of Philosophy at Wilfred Laurier University, Waterloo, Canada. KAI NIELSEN is Professor Emeritus of Philosophy at the University of Calgary, USA. GERALD C. MACCALLUM (1925-1987) was Professor of Philosophy at the University of Wisconsin, Madison, USA. JAMIL SALMI is an economist with the World Bank, and deputy director of the World Bank's Education Department. SHELDON S. WOLIN is a political theorist, and Professor Emeritus at Princeton University, USA. ROBERT PAUL WOLFF is currently Professor Emeritus the W. E. B. Du Bois Department of Afro-American Studies, at the University of Massachusetts, USA.
- Author(s)Vittorio Bufacchi
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication15/04/2009
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight491 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $33.36
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $53.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.