All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.31Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionViolence against women is an enduring problem around the globe, yet very few books look at the full range of men's violences against women - perpetrated in relationships, in the family, in public spaces, and in institutions. While books that look at different types of violence, such as domestic violence, 'hour' based violence and rape in isolation are useful for depth, it is only by looking across these different spheres that the true extent of men's violences against women becomes clear. This book usefully covers all of the main forms of violence against women, looking at it from a research, policy, and practice perspective. Including discussion of fifteen different types of violence against women, this book is original in offering an introduction to such a broad range of topics, and for including chapters on violences that have rarely been written about, as well as those that are more commonly discussed and those that have been sidelined in recent years. By bringing together work on violence against women committed by partners, family members, strangers, acquaintances, institutions and businesses, this book widens the lens through which we view men's violences against women. Violence against Women is essential reading for crimilogists and sociologists who want to be up to date with cutting-edge kwledge on this topic. It is also an invaluable text for those training to enter or become qualified in the specialist domestic and sexual violence sector.
- Author BiographyNicole Westmarland is Professor of Criminology at Durham University and Co-Director of the Durham Centre for Research into Violence and Abuse. She has held a number of policy, practice, and activist roles alongside her academic career, including Chair of Rape Crisis (England and Wales) and Special Advisor to the House of Commons Joint Committee on Human Rights for its Inquiry into Violence against Women and Girls.
- Author(s)Nicole Westmarland
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication05/05/2015
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationCullompton
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWillan Publishing
- Content Note6 black & white tables
- Weight272 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.