All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUsing the work of Rene Girard and Jacques Lacan, Mahon develops a new theoretical framework for reading the dynamic interplay of textuality, sexuality, violence, politics, reciprocity and the body in key literary and cinematic texts that engage with the period of political and social unrest in Northern Ireland kwn as the 'Troubles' (1968-1998).
- Author BiographyPETER MAHON teaches in the Department of English at the University of British Columbia, Canada. He is the author of Imagining Joyce and Derrida: Between Finnegans Wake and Glas and Joyce: A Guide for the Perplexed. He has published essays in ELH, James Joyce Quarterly, Irish University Review and Partial Answers and is currently compiling a collection called PostHuman Joyce: Machines, Informatics, Technology.
- Author(s)Peter Mahon
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication10/02/2010
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight465 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.42Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.