All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOur understanding of terrorism since the events of September 11th 2001 has usually been channelled through the two dimensional lens of religion and politics. This important new work contributes a richer understanding of terrorism by examining a third dimension of individual and group psychology and demonstrates how insights garnered from the human psyche may be translated into more effective public policy.
- Author BiographySverre Varvin, MD, PhD, is a training and supervising analyst, and a past President of the Norwegian Psychoanalytic Society. He is senior researcher at the Norwegian centre for studies on violence and traumatic stress, affiliated to the University of Oslo, and his main research areas are the traumatisation and treatment of traumatised patients, traumatic dreams, and psychoanalytic training. He has held several positions in the IPA (e.g. Vice-president, Board representative, member of research committees), and is currently chair of the program committee for the next IPAC in Prague, and a member of the China Committee. Vamik D. Volkan is an Emeritus Professor of Psychiatry at the University of Virginia, an Emeritus Training and Supervising Analyst at the Washington Psychoanalytic Institute, and the Senior Erik Erikson Scholar at the Austen Riggs Center in Stockbridge, Massachusetts. He is the president of the International Dialogue Initiative and a former president of the International Society of Political Psychology, the Virginia Psychoanalytic Society, and the American College of Psychoanalysts. He received the Sigmund Freud Award given by the city of Vienna in collaboration with the World Council of Psychotherapy, and in 2015 received the Sigourney Award, honouring achievements for the advancement of psychoanalysis.
- PublisherIPA Publications
- Date of Publication01/01/2003
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Series TitleThe International Psychoanalytical Association International Psychoanalysis Library
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintIPA Publications
- Weight544 g
- Width147 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited bySverre Varvin,Vamik D. Volkan
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $34.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.