Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionFormerly published as Bulletin of the Virginia State Library, Volume 9, January, April, July, 1916, Nos. 1, 2 and 3. The content of this work was originally developed in 1914, when Mr. Robinson, then employed by the United States Government, as the Historian for the War and Navy Departments, authored a report entitled the Development of Virginia Counties. Later, and following his appointment as Virginia State Archivist, Mr. Robinson became aware of the constant sources of anyance to title examiners, genealogists, and historians was the absence of some handy reference volume which would provide reliable data on Virginia counties. The author, using his original report of 1914, edited and added new material, a new index, and a bibliography, then issued this Bulletin of the Virginia State Library. Today there are 100 Virginia counties in existence, of 172 counties which were originally created by Virginia legislation. Of the original 172 counties, many merged with other counties, realigned, changed their names, became extinct, and, in the case of West Virginia and Kentucky, seceded from Virginia to form their own state. This work provides, in a single volume, and in concise form, the most reliable and accurate county information concerning the dates of formation, the territory from which formed, and the origin of the names, of the counties which have resulted from Virginia legislation.
- Author(s)Morgan Poitiaux Robinson
- PublisherJanaway Publishing, Inc.
- Date of Publication28/02/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJanaway Publishing, Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight435 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.