All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $107.06
- AU $73.18Trending at AU $78.19
- AU $27.07Trending at AU $30.10
- AU $44.25Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.15
- AU $45.19Trending at AU $45.77
- AU $20.59Trending at AU $22.57
About this product
- DescriptionStories of Virginia's Civil War Soldiers and the families that they left behind. These stories are dramatizations of events in the lives of real people. Including: Six brothers from Carroll County who survived wounds and imprisonment made it back home, Wife of Sailor's Creek is about a country doctor who left for war t kwing his wife would be faced with a major battle when soldiers would take over her home. The Beat of the Drums is about Stephen Melton from Carroll County who enlisted in his early fifties with his sons. Stephen was promoted to regimental drum major and his son Ivey would take his place as the company drummer. The Winds of Change tells of two life long friends Leroy Leonard and James McKenzie from Grayson County who would find themselves in dire circumstances. Leroy was captured and taken to Point Lookout and James would find himself in a state of sickness and heartbreak. There are many more stories and pictures of actual battlegrounds and of the people who fought there.
- Author BiographyJoyce Bowers McKenzie Joyce was raised in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia. She has always loved her State of Virginia and its history. When researching with her husband John on their fore fathers part in the Civil War both were surprised at what they learned. Only by a miracle did their great grandfathers who fought in the war make it home alive. Virginia Cries is Joyce's third book and her hero's are the men and women who have gave so much and who she shares their story of bravery that must be carried on. Joyce began writing songs and poetry at a young age but never dreamed of a writing a book. When in college her English teacher discouraged her from writing, but Joyce did not listen to the words of discouragement, but she listen to her heart and that is how Virginia Cries came about.
- Author(s)Joyce Bowers McKenzie
- Date of Publication21/01/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight227 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.