All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe first book to explore Virginia Woolf's preoccupation with the literary past and its profound impact on the content and structure of her vels. It analyses Woolf's reading and writing practices via her essays, diaries and reading tebooks and presents chrological studies of eight of her vels, exploring how Woolf's intensive reading surfaced in her fiction. The book sheds light on Woolf's varied and intricate use of literary allusions; examines ways in which Woolf revisited and revised plots and tropes from earlier fiction; and looks at how she used parody as a means both of critical comment and homage. Key Features * The first book-length study of intertextuality in Virginia Woolf's vels; * Offers a challenging and provocative new perspective on Woolf's art as a velist; * Develops detailed close readings offering fresh insights into individual works; * Presents complex ideas in a lucid and accessible fashion.
- Author BiographyJane de Gay is Senior Lecturer in English and Director of the MA in Victorian Studies at Trinity and All Saints' College, Leeds. Her articles on Woolf have appeared in Woolf Studies Annual, Critical Survey, Short Story Criticism and proceedings of the international Annual Virginia Woolf Conference, among other places.
- Author(s)Jane De Gay
- PublisherEdinburgh University Press
- Date of Publication05/01/2006
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdinburgh University Press
- Weight504 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine24 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.18Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.