Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $72.89
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
About this product
- DescriptionAn essential reference for anyone involved in protecting the environment, this book identifies and describes Virginia s endangered species and suggests ways that they might be managed to ensure their survival. It incorporates the contributions of more than eighty biologists. The volume provides extensive information for each endangered species, including a description, a written summary and a map of its distribution in Virginia and North America, an overview of its natural history, a sypsis of its legal and recommended statuses, a discussion of threats to its continued survival in Virginia, and recommendations for its conservation. Color photographs are included for mot of the plants and animals described in the book. Virginia s Endangered Species, first published in 1991, won the 1992 Outstanding Book Award from the Wildlife Society, Southeastern Section, and was cited by the American Library Association as one of the nation s Notable Government Documents in 1993. Karen Terwilliger is associated with the Nongame and Endangered Wildlife Program of the Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries.
- Author BiographyKaren Terwilliger is associated with the Nongame and Endangered Wildlife Program of the Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries.
- Author(s)Karen Terwilliger,Virginia
- PublisherMcDonald & Woodward Publishing Company, US
- Date of Publication15/01/2001
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcDonald & Woodward Publishing Company, US
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight2413 g
- Width224 mm
- Height288 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.