Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.92Trending at AU $62.69
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
- AU $35.28Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.74
About this product
- DescriptionVirtual Geographic Environments , edited by Hui Lin and Michael Batty, collects key papers that define the current momentum in GIS and virtual geographies. Contributions by leading members of the geospatial community to Virtual Geographic Environments illustrate the cutting edge of GIScience, as well as new applications of GIS with the processing and delivery of geographic information through the Web and handheld devices, forming two major directions to these developments. The four-part organisation leads from a primer on VGEs to virtual cities and landscapes, interface design and public participation, and finally mobile and networked VGEs. Current topics, such as crowd sourcing and related services, point to the development of new business models that merge proprietary and nproprietary systems.
- Author BiographyHui Lin is Professor and Director of the Institute of Space and Earth Information Science at the Chinese University of Hong Kong. Additionally, he is the founding president of the International Association of Chinese Professionals in Geographic Information Science and the chief editor of the journal, Annals of GIS.Michael Batty is Bartlett Professor of Planning at University College London where he directs the Centre for Advanced Spatial Analysis.
- PublisherESRI Press
- Date of Publication15/12/2011
- SubjectGeography & Earth Science: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationRedlands
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintEnvironmental Systems Research Institute Inc.,U.S.
- Content NoteIllustrations (some col.), col. maps
- Weight1068 g
- Width183 mm
- Height259 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byHui Lin,Michael Batty
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.