All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionThe future of work is virtual, with dispersed teams, telecommuting, remote working and virtual meetings becoming the rm in many sectors and industries around the world. At its best, virtual working can be productive and creative, tapping into the best people wherever they are and bringing skills and experience together efficiently and at low cost. But it can also lead to isolated and disengaged workers, ineffective communication, and uncoordinated and even counter-productive activity. Virtual Leadership discusses how leading a virtual team in our fast-paced world requires a new set of skills and a facilitative leadership approach. Virtual Leadership provides practical strategies, tools and solutions for the key issues involved in managing at a distance. How can I provide leadership, motivation and vision through virtual channels? How do I make virtual meetings effective, engaging and productive, and ensure actions are followed through? How do I create engaged and cohesive teams across distance, cultures and languages? How do I stop virtual team members silently checking out, distracted by local challenges and offline issues? With diverse case studies and examples, this is the essential guide to making a difference as a leader of virtual work.
- Author BiographyDr Penny Pullan is a thought leader in the field of virtual leadership, specializing in leading risky change projects involving virtual teams. She is a director of Making Projects Work, whose clients include multinational companies across many sectors, from drug companies to manufacturers, from IT multinationals to banks. She has run the Virtual Working Summit since 2010 with thousands of participants from around the world. She is the author of Business Analysis and Leadership (2013) also published by Kogan Page.
- Author(s)Penny Pullan
- PublisherKogan Page Ltd
- Date of Publication03/08/2016
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintKogan Page Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight400 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.