All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionVirtue epistemology is a diverse and flourishing field, one of the most exciting developments in epistemology to emerge over the last three decades. Virtue epistemology begins with the premise that epistemology is a rmative discipline and, accordingly, a central task of epistemology is to explain the sort of rmativity that kwledge, justified belief, and the like involve. A second premise is that a focus on the intellectual virtues (individual intellectual excellences) is essential to carrying out this central task. This collection offers some of the most influential and agenda-setting work at the heart of virtue epistemology's research program. Taken together, they will equip the reader to enter the ongoing discussion and debate in the field. The selections range from seminal contributions by Ernest Sosa, who introduced the tion of intellectual virtue into the contemporary literature, to a study of epistemic justice that draws on To Kill a Mockingbird and The Talented Mr. Ripley. The readings include overviews of the field that also serve to advance the discussion; investigations of the nature of kwledge; reflections on the value of kwledge; examinations of credit and luck; and explorations of future directions for research.
- Author BiographyJohn Greco is Leonard and Elizabeth Eslick Chair in Philosophy and Professor of Philosophy at Saint Louis University. John Turri is Assistant Professor of Philosophy at the University of Waterloo.
- PublisherMIT Press Ltd
- Date of Publication24/08/2012
- Series TitleMIT Readers in Contemporary Philosophy
- Place of PublicationCambridge, Mass.
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMIT Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, figures
- Weight590 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byJohn Greco,John Turri
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Interest AgeFrom 18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.