All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCombining conceptual analysis with well established empirical evidence, this is an important new book in analytical epistemology.Contemporary epistemology debates have largely been occupied with formulating a definition of kwledge that is immune to any counterexample. To date, definition has been able to escape unscathed.Moving away from debates about definitions, Virtue Epistemology shows what conditions are essential for kwledge and applies this account to different domains. It proposes that agents must be motivated correctly to acquire kwledge, even in the case of perception.Stephen Napier examines closely the empirical research in cognitive science and moral psychology to build an account of kwledge wherein an agent must perform acts of virtue in order to get kwledge. In so doing, Napier provides answers to two key questions: 'what is kwledge?' and 'how do we get it?'
- Author BiographyStephen Napier has a PhD in Philosophy from Saint Louis University, USA, and was previously Professor of Ethics at Belmont University and Fellow in Medical Ethics at St Thomas Hospital, Nashville. He is currently a full-time ethicist for the National Catholic Bioethics Center in Philadelphia.
- Author(s)Stephen Napier
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication07/08/2008
- Series TitleContinuum Studies in Philosophy
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight435 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.88Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.