All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.00Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionThe virtue approach to business ethics is a topic of increasing importance within the business world. Focusing on Aristotle's theory that the virtues of character, rather than actions, are central to ethics, Edwin M. Hartman introduces readers of this book to the value of applying Aristotle's virtue approach to business. Using numerous real-world examples, he argues that business leaders have good reason to take character seriously when explaining and evaluating individuals in organisations. He demonstrates how the virtue approach can deepen our understanding of business ethics, and how it can contribute to contemporary discussions of character, rationality, corporate culture, ethics education and global ethics. Written by one of the foremost Aristotelian scholars working in the field today, this authoritative introduction to the role of virtue ethics in business is a valuable primer for graduate students and academic researchers in business ethics, applied ethics and philosophy.
- Author BiographyEdwin M. Hartman was Visiting Professor of Business Ethics and co-director of the Paduano Seminar in Business Ethics at the Stern School of Business, New York University, until his retirement in December 2009. Before joining Stern, he taught for more than twenty years in the business school and the philosophy department at Rutgers University, where he was founding director of the Prudential Business Ethics Center. He is the author of Substance, Body, and Soul: Aristotelian Investigations, Conceptual Foundations of Organization Theory and Organizational Ethics and the Good Life (named Book of the Year (2003) by the Social Issues in Management Division of the Academy of Management).
- Author(s)Edwin M. Hartman
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication04/07/2013
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleBusiness, Value Creation and Society
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Weight550 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.