All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionViruses have limited geme-coding capacities and must therefore rely on their host cells to facilitate every step of the infection cycle from the replication of their gemes, transcription and translation of mRNAs to virus assembly. Aimed at virologists and cell biologists Viruses and the Nucleus provides a comprehensive and cohesive overview of this fascinating and fast moving field. It compares and contrasts the ways in which DNA viruses, retroviruses and RNA viruses interact with the host cell nucleus to bring about replication and how they subvert the host cell function to proliferate and survive. Written by a team of leading experts in the field, this multi-authored text begins with an introduction to the key nuclear process that effect virus biology including cell cycle, transcription, splicing and protein trafficking. It then goes on to explore the advances that have been made in understanding the ways in which specific viruses interact with nuclear sub-structures such as the nucleolus and ND10s, and the implications this interrelationship has for the cell cycle as a whole. Key Features * Comprehensive cross disciplinary coverage of the interrelationship between cell biology and virology. * Written by leading experts, this authorative book provides an up to date overview of this highly active field. * Covers the latest research areas including virus interactions with sub-nuclear structures, virus protein trafficking into and out of the nucleus and subversion of host-cell function through specific nuclear interactions. Viruses and the Nucleus is an invaluable resource for students of virology, microbiology and cell biology as well as for those who work within the industry.
- Author BiographyDr. Julian Alexander Hiscox, School of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Leeds, UK.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication13/04/2006
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight698 g
- Width180 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byJulian Alexander Hiscox
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.64
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.