All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAnand has been one of the world's top players for more than two decades, and cemented his place in the all-time hall of fame by winning the unified World Championship in 2007, and successfully defending his title against Kramnik and Topalov. But it's t just his results that make Anand special. His style of play leads to highly spectacular games, and his speed of thought is the stuff of legends. He is also a great explainer of ideas, as his antations for this book demonstrate. Anand is rewned as 'Mr Nice Guy', popular with both the public and his fellow supergrandmasters. John Nunn, who collaborated with Anand on the original book, has antated 30 games selected by Anand himself from the period 2001-2011. This new edition also features biographical information and a career record.
- Author BiographyViswanathan (Vishy) Anand comes from southern India and is the greatest chess-player of his generation.Having shot to fame as a child, playing master-standard chess at lightning speed, he became a grandmaster in1987. Anand contested his first world championship match in 1995, and won the FIDE Championship in 2000.He has been World Champion since 2007, and has won many elite-level tournaments throughout his long career.Grandmaster John Nunn is a three-time World Chess Solving Champion, and is famous for the quality of hischess writing.
- Author(s)John Nunn,Vishy Anand
- PublisherGambit Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication03/03/2012
- SubjectAutobiography: Sport
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGambit Publications Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight703 g
- Width145 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine40 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.85Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.