All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $13.42Trending at AU $19.99
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.85
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $17.43
About this product
- DescriptionThis history of Spain in the period between the end of Roman rule and the time of the Arab conquest challenges many traditional assumptions about the history of this period. * Presents original theories about how the Visigothic kingdom was governed, about law in the kingdom, about the Arab conquest, and about the rise of Spain as an intellectual force. * Takes account of new documentary evidence, the latest archaeological findings, and the controversies that these have generated. * Combines chrological and thematic approaches to the period. * A historiographical introduction looks at the current state of research on the history and archaeology of the Visigothic kingdom.
- Author BiographyRoger Collins is a Research Fellow at the University of Edinburgh. His previous publications include The Oxford Archaeological Guide to Spain (1998), Law, Culture and Regionalism in Early Medieval Spain (1992), The Arab Conquest of Spain (Blackwell, 1989) and The Basques (Blackwell, 1986).
- Author(s)Roger Collins
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication31/03/2006
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Series TitleA History of Spain
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishing Ltd
- Content Note3
- Weight406 g
- Width156 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine21 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.